"In 2017, our global team further demonstrated its ability to drive value through culture, innovation and results," said
The report is based on internal and external stakeholder feedback, which helped
In addition to features on innovation and world-class operations, the report focuses on these high priority topics and
- Governance, ethics and compliance: the Company introduced a comprehensive Supplier Code of Conduct designed to help all stakeholders recognize and address ethical issues.
- Customer satisfaction:
Cooper Standard's Global Commercial Councilcreated a robust Customer Satisfaction Index to monitor overall performance on critical metrics, enabling its commercial teams to adjust focus and resources as needed to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Product safety: continued to evolve and develop processes to manage product safety in 2017, especially for safety-sensitive products, such as fuel and brake lines.
- Innovation: launched a new Global Technology Center in
Livonia, Mich.to accelerate the Company's material science efforts.
- Workplace safety: achieved its fourth consecutive year of significant improvement in workplace safety and achieved a total incident rate that reached world-class levels.
- Energy use and GHG emissions: surpassed its annual energy reduction target of 2 percent year-over-year indexed to hours worked, resulting from a number of energy reduction projects completed throughout 2016 and 2017.
- Supply chain sustainability: implemented a world-class procure-to-pay solution for indirect purchasing in
- Information security: improved compliance by automating key compliance processes for logical access controls.
- Talent management: continued to improve elements of the talent management strategy, and identified and developed new tools and processes to further its competitive advantage.
- Community involvement: through the
Cooper Standard Foundationand employee engagement and support, the Company contributed to more than 70 charities in 2017.
To learn more about these topics, or other aspects of
About Cooper Standard
Sharon S. Wenzl